Monday 5 May 2014

New Beginnings

There is something magical about the end of a ball of yarn. It doesn't look like much, but once grasped in your hand with your hook or needle, it can be the beginning of a whole new creation. Something once ordinary is transformed into something spectacular right at your finger tips.

I love the idea of creating something from nothing. My mother told me that when when my grandmother was a little girl she needed to have new white socks for school, but her parents couldn't afford them. My great grandmother shaved their dog, spun the fur, and then knitted her a fresh pair of socks. This blows my mind!
Before
After
About this Blog:

You are probably wondering what this blog is all about. My goal is to write about anything that has to do with the process of creation, mingled with my own experiences. When first considering the theme of my blog, I leaned towards making it all about knitting and crocheting, but upon further reflection I decided that that was far to limiting. I want to write about my process to publish a book with my own knit & crochet patterns, the lessons I learned from needing a liver transplant, and anything else that tickles my fancy. It may not be spectacular, but it will be my own creation ;)

1 comment: